Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #164: Retail Therapy

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Discrepancy in 1119 threw me too...glad others identified it because I'd still be looking!

NancyS
8 - Asteroid

Good Fun!

Nancy

tntner
7 - Meteor

20190516_ANSWER.pngFirst time answering the Question

I am not sure that this is the right place to answer the weekly challenge

My approach is

1. rank by asscending by "Rating"

2. and give the number by grouping the "Class Name" through the Multi_Row Formula

3. and Filter only the Five highest from each "Class Name"

Must try to condense as the model answers

Thank you for reading

Thank you for reading

maryas
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution for the challenge. I had some difficulties in understanding the requirement. But as I see the expected output, the question and the solution is pretty simple !!

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Fun challenge!!

Spoiler
Decided to deal first with the discrepancy in the data by using only the first instance of item 1119. My first solution (topmost in the flow) looks like many others.

But, I noticed that some ratings were tied, and the ones that made it into the final result were simply the first from the list. Second solution lets all tied results in as the top 5, so there are many more answers at the end. Did this with a Tile tool, set to Unique Values, with Unique Value being the average rating, grouped on department and class. Then a filter for where that tile number is <=5

image.png
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Nice one :)

Spoiler
Untitled.png
kat
12 - Quasar

A quick one 

Spoiler
Challenge #164.PNG
amalattar
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
ryangensel
6 - Meteoroid

This is my first Challenge response, but I kept hitting the #1119 issue. It was important to me to match the desired output exactly, so thanks to Verakso's approach, it gave me the insight I needed.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 4.33.56 PM.png
Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

dd requirements, feels like they are asking you to make products appear better than they are by ignoring specific reviews :/ 

Would be interested to know what the Positive Feedback Reviews field is supposed to represent