community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
SOLVED

Challenge #163: Caesar Cipher (on the way to Kryptos)

Quasar

I noticed that I made a mistake on my original submission... Completely ignored the uppercase/lowercase difference. 

Here is a streamlined and revised version.

Spoiler
Challenge #163 macro v2.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

I approached Part II.  I presumed that you wanted a macro solution and instead approached this with generate rows.

Spoiler
AttackAtOnce--Ceasar

Cheers,

iwng

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Alteryx Partner

That was fun! Here's my solution:

Spoiler
challenge 163.jpg
Alteryx
Alteryx

This was a fun one to keep refining and building on!

Spoiler
Started with an iterative macro to run through the 25 possibilities and allow the user to manually select the correct answer. Then added another standard macro layer to give the option of providing the shift value if you have it, or running all options if you don't. And the macro icon was an easy choice :) 

Option 1:
C163_PS1.PNG

Option 2:
C163_PS2.PNG

Process to convert the characters for each shift value:
C163_PS4.PNG
Meteor

I am uploading after a trial by referring the other answer.

This is good example of using Macro.

Will keep in mind for my future workflow :)

Asteroid

Here's my solution. I used a batch macro to work through the 26 potential shift keys.

Spoiler
challenge 163.PNGWorkflow163 macro.PNGBatch macro

Very fun. Hail, Caesar.

Spoiler
Challenge 163 - Capture.PNG
Asteroid

my simple solution without any fancy macro

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
Similar solutions for both part 1 and 2.. nothing fancy but gets the answers