community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #162: Mondays....they're Marvel-ous!

Alteryx Partner

Got within 100 records with which I'm happy

Spoiler
Challenge 162.png
Alteryx Partner

Got stuck on the RegEx so had to get some help, but I learned from it (which I guess is the point of these, right?).  Lots more clean-up than expected

Spoiler
Process
- Join three tables
- RegEx to parse title, year, and issue
- Clean-up and rename fields
- Replace title if it didn't come through in RegEx (where there was no publication year or issue)
- Clean-up nulls in Issue #
- Sort
- De-dupe
- Final clean-up

MySolution.PNG
Asteroid

Didn't put much effort into addressing the ~2k difference in record, but it looks like many people had difficulty here. 

The solution on the post shows an even much larger difference which I found strange. 

Spoiler
ZHSOL.png

Alteryx Partner

Had to find some help in others solutions to get my parse formula right.