community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #162: Mondays....they're Marvel-ous!

Sr. Instructional Designer

A solution to last week's challenge can be found HERE!

Use the provided datasets to determine the name, year and issue of each comic in which Marvel characters make an appearance.  

cpnmarvel.gif

Here's my solution. My record count is slightly different than the provided solution but I'm ok with the differences.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

@patrick_digan Any idea where the difference emerged?  I'll re-visit my solution, too. 

My solution! 

Spoiler
I feel like the logic used for parsing out years & issue numbers could have been tackled a few different ways, but I eventually figured out the right combo to get me to the same answer.

WeeklyChallenge162.JPG

Cheers!

NJ 

Comet

The only spoilers I want to see are for this challenge.  Seeing Avengers Endgame tonight!

Spoiler
Workflow 162.GIF

Alteryx Partner

My Solution :)

Comet

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Comet

@patrick_digan  - I ran into the same issue with record count on my first pass at completing this challenge.  More info in the spoiler in case someone else wants to solve this on their own.

Spoiler
If you look at your results (for example rows 456 - 458) there are Published Years results that are incorrect.  This is due to the title having multiple hits on (\d{4}), which results in incorrect data summation.  To match the results I had to find \d{4} inside of parentheses:  \((\d{4})\).  To parse the title correctly without a trailing space it was (.*)\s\((\d{4})\)

Pulsar

My record count is also slightly off the solution (guessing it has to do with choices in cleaning up the titles)

Spoiler
image.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

About 100 records out... :/

Spoiler
Challenge 162 - Capture.PNG