Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #162: Mondays....they're Marvel-ous!

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution. I was able to match the record count in the solution @ChristineB. It was a bit challenging to get the exact match, but finally figured it out.

Spoiler
I had struggled with some of the titles that have an #8203 in the title looking like some sort of symbol change that I had to adjust.

Challenge 162.PNG

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution...

zhuy42
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution.

pjdit
8 - Asteroid

My solution..  We use Alteryx.. We are all super heros!!  :-)

Spoiler
Challenge_162_PD_Spoiler.JPG
rahulvijayan
5 - Atom

Here You Go. 
Just started the weekly challenge. #WhateverItTakes

badiualex
8 - Asteroid

Here Below My Solution

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

Christine,

My submission is attached.

-I also figured out why the record count was slightly different for most.

-The solution truncates some of the issue numbers, as #13 versus 13, 13.3, and 13.4 as in the case of Red Hulk.

-So, if you want to be particular about it, the solution does ask for every issue that the Character appeared in and 13 is different from 13.3 and 13.4 as these were slightly different updates or reprints (attached are all three covers)

-In total there were about 58 count of discrepancies.

-I used the summarize tool to count by number of issues by Character.

-Please let me know what everyone thinks and if my methodology or rationality is off.

-Cheers!

Matt

Red Hulk Combo.png

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Fun challenge, @ChristineB   I couldn't bring myself to add the # sign to the issue and foul up the clean data.  Here is my solution:

Spoiler
162-MP.png

I came up with a slight difference in count as well.  I noted there were issues with Variant in the title, which were essentially duplicates and accounted for around 3000 issues.  But I still didn't get precisely the challenge results, either.  There were comics with no issue or year and highly similar names like these, which were also problematic (I didn't try to solve for these): 

162-dups.png

Thanks for the exercise!

rfeng1
5 - Atom

Here's my solution, was good opportunity to dabble into some regex :)

rfeng1
5 - Atom

Here's my solution, was a good opportunity to dabble into some regex :)