Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #162: Mondays....they're Marvel-ous!

ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A solution to last week's challenge can be found HERE!

Use the provided datasets to determine the name, year and issue of each comic in which Marvel characters make an appearance.  

cpnmarvel.gif

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's my solution. My record count is slightly different than the provided solution but I'm ok with the differences.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@patrick_digan Any idea where the difference emerged?  I'll re-visit my solution, too. 

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! 

Spoiler
I feel like the logic used for parsing out years & issue numbers could have been tackled a few different ways, but I eventually figured out the right combo to get me to the same answer.

WeeklyChallenge162.JPG

Cheers!

NJ 

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

The only spoilers I want to see are for this challenge.  Seeing Avengers Endgame tonight!

Spoiler
Workflow 162.GIF

dimark
5 - Atom

My Solution :)

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@patrick_digan  - I ran into the same issue with record count on my first pass at completing this challenge.  More info in the spoiler in case someone else wants to solve this on their own.

Spoiler
If you look at your results (for example rows 456 - 458) there are Published Years results that are incorrect.  This is due to the title having multiple hits on (\d{4}), which results in incorrect data summation.  To match the results I had to find \d{4} inside of parentheses:  \((\d{4})\).  To parse the title correctly without a trailing space it was (.*)\s\((\d{4})\)

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My record count is also slightly off the solution (guessing it has to do with choices in cleaning up the titles)

Spoiler
image.png
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

About 100 records out... :/

Spoiler
Challenge 162 - Capture.PNG