Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #161: Triangles, Triangles, Triangles

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

516 on the money.

Sneaky @JoeM  didn't put all the points in a perfect straight line which made for some fun....

Result1.pngResult2.png

Spoiler

Turns out that the create polygon actually takes care of most of the heavy lifting for you - any truly colinear points don't actually correctly resolve into a polygon so you have an easy check.

Solution.png

Looking forward to working through other folk's solutions!

anaibeth
8 - Asteroid

I thought this was going to be way simpler than it turned out to be, that final filter is tricky

bmarx112
7 - Meteor

MarosS
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
alteryx_challenge_161.png
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

This challenge helped me to learn that spatial point ordering within a triangle influences the outcomes of convex hull versus sequence polygon

Spoiler
the sequence polygon results in three times as many records after using the unique tool, ergo they aren't uniquethe sequence polygon results in three times as many records after using the unique tool, ergo they aren't unique
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 161.jpg
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 161 is done!

Spoiler
challenge 161 JMS solution.PNG
EricR

Took a slightly longer approach

lmorrell
11 - Bolide

This was a fun one, got a full match to the 516 triangles. Keen to see how everyone has implemented logic for colinearity. 

Spoiler
Snag_4b3e227.png