Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #161: Triangles, Triangles, Triangles

NancyS
8 - Asteroid

@JoeM, @CharlieS

Interesting Challenge!

Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

My solution. Took much longer than usual to solve: I had the right picture but with 540 triangles. Had to read others' comments to come up with the right final filer. 

Spoiler
challenge 161 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Challenge 161.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Took a minute to think through how to get rid of the duplicate triangles that had all the same points but in a different order.

Capture.PNG
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Fun challenge. I got 540 triangles, probably because some very thin triangles should be counted as collinear.

princejindal
9 - Comet

Interesting challenge!

kat
12 - Quasar

My solution is oh so very long and clunky, nowhere near as elegant as @TerryT 's solution...

I also went with looking at direction between the points and thus ended up with an additional 3 tiny triangles.

Spoiler
Challenge #161.PNG
Ozzy_Campos
8 - Asteroid

I took the non-colinear points to mean no points of the triangle share a lat/long - so I ended up with 184 unique triangles, kind of mesmerizing.  

Aster
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
challenge_166_start_Aster.png

I used "No equal degree of line" rule in ruling out col-linear dots and ended up with 535 triangles.

I suppose it's the spatial projection issue and this is within acceptance range?

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 19.06.06.png