Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #160: Diamonds R Forever

ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

I had some fun learning about how diamonds are graded/priced, as well as learning about some of the rarest/most expensive diamonds. I tried to build a regression model to predict the prices of the diamonds missing that value, but couldn't quite get things working. To feel accomplished I figured out how many Paragon diamonds we could make by 'gluing' the diamonds in the list together (4648.5) shame it doesn't work that way in real life : P😛

Spoiler
ZHSOL.PNG

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice to use these R Functions

Spoiler
Flow.pngRCode.png
TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
160. Data Analysis.PNG
Seems to have been the same problem others were having trying to just pull the data in! I'm glad I've done this challenge though as I learned a tiny bit about R. Thanks to your spoiler @patrick_digan, I realised I was missing the load function and from then on it was easy enough
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution.

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Nice challenge! Surprisingly I got quite stuck on the analysis part as many values were dropping out of my joins...

Spoiler
image.png
Karam
8 - Asteroid

Definitely not the most efficient solution, but it's solved!

Spoiler
Challenge 160.PNG

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Always struggle with R

Spoiler
Challenge 160.png
delilah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG

Thought that Tile Tool is the fastest and simplest method for this until I checked some other answers and learned the Cell function and Floor function. 

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Spoiler
challenge_160.PNG
mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Interesting there's no range for 8.26-8.75 carat diamondsInteresting there's no range for 8.26-8.75 carat diamonds