Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #160: Diamonds R Forever

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed 

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

One tool solution!!!

Spoiler
Took me a while to find the right code (thank you once again, StackOverflow!!), but I managed to find my solution using only the R tool, rather than just loading the data and then using regular Alteryx tools.

Definitely not the most intuitive programming language to dive headfirst into (having had exactly 1 experience in Python and 1 in R, I'd currently vote for Python... though clearly this sample size is lacking haha), but it at least started making more sense by the end. 

WeeklyChallenge160.JPG

Note: Thanks to @patrick_digan for unwittingly helping with my solution - I definitely took a shortcut and just "borrowed" your logic for determining the lower & upper bounds of each carat range :)

Cheers!

NJ

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Got tripped up and couldn't figure out why my R tool wouldn't bring in the data. Turned out being something super simple again.. I was using backslashes when the tool needed forward slashes!

Capture.PNG
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 18.36.17.png
KaleyVolk1
7 - Meteor

Still pretty new at this so it took a minute to figure out the R tool

Spoiler
Untitled.png
KevinH1992
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Fun little challenge with some R.  
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

any tips on how to make this file path relative to the workflow would be appreciated

Spoiler
160.png
TimHuff
7 - Meteor

Fun challenge! My solution attached.

Spoiler
160.jpg