community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!
SOLVED

Challenge #159: April ENcyptanalytics

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
Why do small things that cause a lot of grief like this always happen to me? I built out my whole workflow and ran it only to find out it failed when passing through the macro. So I redid basically everything only to realize the only reason it was failing was because I created my own Text Input file that I called Field1 when the macro was expecting a field called data. *facepalm

Capture.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's my solution

 

Spoiler
I created a dictionary of ~800 UTF-8 characters and performed a random character substitution for half of the letters in the string. With 10 differently encoded versions of the original text it can be cracked easily using the decoder.

Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 17.13.21.pngScreenshot 2019-06-23 at 17.13.52.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

13

Spoiler
Capture.PNGSample.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

My 1000 record long input:

159 my input.jpg

 

And my workflow to get there:

Spoiler
159.png
Nebula
Nebula

Very different kind of challenge - thank you @TerryT 

 

 

Spoiler


Flow.png
Solution was to split into characters; then add a random offset on the char ID; but for 1 in 10 of these set the offset to 0; then use a mod function to bring this back to the 1-160 range.

Added the 155 challenge decoder as a macro to check this.

 

 

Meteor

All the special sauce is in the Python tool.

Spoiler
159.jpg
Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
159. Data Analysis 2.PNG159. Data Analysis.PNG159. Data Analysis 3.PNG


Cool Challenge!
Alteryx
Alteryx

This one was a lot of fun. 

Spoiler
I assumed that the number of rows would be equal to the number of characters in the message. I played a bit with the sampling rate (what percentage of the values to hold at the original value) just to see when the encoding would start to break. For this 70 character example, I started getting random errors at less than 25% sampling. I'm sure this would change based on the number of rows of encoding. 
Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution attached.

 

Spoiler
Challenge 159.PNG
Asteroid

Challenge #159 Solved!

 

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png