Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.
SOLVED

Challenge #159: April ENcyptanalytics

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

It would be interesting to see how else you can play around with the workflow to create different types of codes.

Spoiler
challenge_159.PNGchallenge_159_solution.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Nice challenge

Spoiler
solution_159.JPG

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I had a go at this trying to reduce the number of tools. I think I succeeded, but the macro version is far slower than the generate rows, even for only 10000 rows!

Spoiler
Capture.PNGCapture2.png

Although I do prevent selection of NULL characters 

Highlighted

I started using the unicode character set, switched to Latin-1 and excluded Null values.

Highlighted
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

W23

1O3

12W

T234

1H34

12A4

123T

W23

1A3

12S

F23

1U3

12N

!

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

That took some work to figure out!  My approach is a little different in that I used a sample tool to ensure enough of each character would be present for decoding.

Spoiler

Workflow 159.GIF

Highlighted

My solution, very fun challenge! 

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Fun one!

Challenge #159 message.PNG

Spoiler
Challenge #159 macro.PNG
Challenge #159 final.PNG

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

May have overcomplicated it a touch, but it works! Now to turn it into an app so users can type their own phrase......

Spoiler
image.png
Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

And remarkably easy to turn this into an app. Bonus points if you get the reference of the text.

image.pngimage.png