Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #157: An Expert Challenge

acrahen
8 - Asteroid

Yuck on this challenge!

Spoiler
acrahen_0-1587415584532.png

tiffanyshaw
8 - Asteroid

Whoa, total DS newbie here. I definitely need to learn more about using the predictive tools.

I played around with using different modeling tools... but I wouldn't have survived without everyone's solutions and online "lit review."

Spoiler

This was a cool practice - I don't understand the foundations of why we use certain models, but here's my train of thoughts:

I saw that both a Forest Model and Boosted Model produced Variable Importance Plots. However, the Boosted Model plot didn't have F_38 in its Top 10, so I went with a Forest Model.

With the Forest Model, I went with Logistic Regression because a Linear Regressions didn't allow me to select H0 as a target variable. 

tldr: This was definitely a total newbie blind tool grasping/process of elimination challenge for me. 😛  

tiffanyshaw_0-1588120756597.png
tiffanyshaw_1-1588120776194.png

balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached
balajilolla_0-1589157295499.png

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC157.PNG

A lot of googling for this challenge!

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Definitely I have to come back to this one. Couldn't find anything in the community on how to estimate the chi-sq effect apart from the contingency table tool. Then I looked at the solution and found out about the Nested Test tool, but still I have some studying to do here

JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_157_jc.PNG
ConradW
8 - Asteroid

My attempt wasn't successful but it means I get to learn more, which is the whole point!

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

I have more learn things.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1605705571626.png

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1615912775124.png