community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #157: An Expert Challenge

Nebula
Nebula

This was a great one - thank you for the learning!

Thank you also to @SydneyF  for the great explanatory articles that really helped.

Spoiler
First: Used forest model to get the variable importance plot.   Much to learn here about what this plot is saying (thanks again @SydneyF 

VariableImportancePlot.png
Then you need to compare two models that predict H0.   Given that H0 is a binary variable, this looks like logistic regression, so this means that we can use the Nested Test tool to spot the difference between the two models

SolutionPic.png

Which then gives the Chi-SQ difference caused by removal of F_38

F38RemovalChiSQ.png

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
157. Predictive.PNG
Definitely hard! I figured out with Google to use the forest model for the mean decrease Gini coefficient, but then wasn't sure which model to use and how to find the chi square comparison. After getting several R errors when using various tools and connecting things in the wrong way, I used @PJDit's spoiler to see it was the logistic regression and nested test tools, which I don't think I've used before.