Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #156: What Position Should You Play?

badiualex
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Fun one image.png
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Try and take a look at this post

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Different-Versio...

The Alteryx Package is basically a .zip file, so you could rename Weekly Challenge #156.yxzp to Weekly Challenge #156.zip and then just unpack the files.

The following guide above, you should be able to tweak the Weekly Challenge.yxmd and then be able to open the file in a older version.

Best of luck

Thomas

thllm
7 - Meteor

My Solution and first post! 

In retrospect, I used a lot more selects than necessary. Hope this will be the first of many completed challenges!

johnemery
11 - Bolide

Looks like my answer follows pretty much what others have been posting. I only took the time to do the easy part.

Spoiler
I manually changed the attribute names to match between the two tables. Looking at other folks' answers, I could've been more elegant and used the find and replace tool.

Capture.PNG
sapamittableau
5 - Atom

MY Solution ------------------ Neymar

Sebenius
8 - Asteroid

Forgot to upload it last week but found some small errors I had made so was good to go over it again.

Spoiler
Challange 156 easy part.Challange 156 easy part.
ipeng
8 - Asteroid

my solution

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Challenges are normally of the type Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced, and this one was way to advance for me, even though it is labeled Intermediate

I have spent more than a day on this, and still not been able to match the provided output.

I could not figure out what to do with the International Reputation and Batch Chemistry, so I went for the semi-though challenge, and went to build the Attribute Reference from the Rating Coefficients.

Spoiler
Attribute preparationAttribute preparationI did manage to match the provided Attribute Reference, but it took me a while to handle the logic about the shared attributes of Sweepers and Goalkeepers

Then I went for the calculation

Spoiler
Player calculationPlayer calculation

Here I had pretty much from the beginning decided that I would like to use the Dynamic Replace tool, to do the calculation. I saw that in the Tool Mastery, and used in another previous challenge, so I thought it might be useful here

I cannot figure out it the reason to my result does not match the provided is because I have chosen the tools poorly, or simply cannot figure out how to do proper rounding of the numbers.

I also noticed that some of the players names does not match, and in the beginning I thought that it was some kind of “bug” in the transposes tool, so I did it all over again, just to figure out that the provided 2018 Fifa Player,csv file is in ANSI format, and therefore some of the players names are not the same in the source, as in the provided result.

I also spent some time, looking at some of the other provided solutions, just to find out, that I was not alone in this. None of the other provided solutions I have checked is a 100% match to the provided solution, so it should be interesting to see the “official” solution.

Still Climbing

/Thomas

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge_156_ka_screenshot.PNG