Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #156: What Position Should You Play?

ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Weekly Challenge #156.PNG

Last week's solution can be found here

*Whistle Sound*

Soccer, Football, Fußball, whatever you call it, it’s the world’s game. This week’s challenge uses a dataset from the popular game franchise Fifa 18, which contains players from across the globe. In the game, each player is assigned a score for each attribute category, a preferred position, and an overall rating from 0-99. The rating is calculated by multiplying a player’s scores by coefficients for various attributes which are most critical to the position he plays. The score is rounded to the nearest whole number (e.g. 1.5-2.49 = 2).

Use the Attribute References table to calculate each player’s overall rating at each position. All relevant Attribute References should be used when calculating a rating for a position. *This is a simplified version of the positional calculations which does not factor in chemistry, international ratings, and other in-game factors. Results will not match the Overall Rating in the dataset.

For a tougher challenge, recreate the attribute reference table from the Rating Coefficients list. (note that the sweeper GK has the same attributes as a standard GK in addition to the unique sweeper coefficients). If you want to factor in the basic chemistry and International Reputation into the calculations, use the Int Rep table and apply a +5 boost to the categories listed in the Basic Chemistry table. *These calculations will not match the actual Overall Rating as some in-game factors are not included.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
I went with the basic challenge today. I think transposing and then crosstabbing back should do it. I didn't worry about field names (or checking my answer very carefully!).
Capture.PNG
pjdit
8 - Asteroid

My solution..  GOOAAAALLLLLLLL !!   I hope..  :-)

Spoiler
Challenge_156_Spoiler.JPG

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I don't think I would play Ronaldo at GK. I went for the easy solution first and then the hard solution. I am not sure if I added the adjustments correctly, but I think I did. 

Spoiler
Challenge 156.PNGChallenge 156 - h.PNG

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #156.PNG
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

nerces
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution. I attempted to do the optional part as well. Not sure if the Chemistry and International Rating sections are completely correct though. Thanks for the challenge :)

Spoiler
Challenge156_1.pngChallenge156_2.png
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution ... finished the easy part

Spoiler
156.png
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My results are off due to rounding, but I like my approach.  It parses the field names and applies the rounding at the level described in the instructions.  Wish this was a basketball challenge as I could use the help filling out my bracket!

Spoiler
 Workflow 156.GIF

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Solution Attached

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow