community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!
SOLVED

Challenge #155: March Cryptanalytics

Asteroid

hello johnemery,

just saw your solution and hats off to you, the usage of 'Mode' in the Summarize tool is the key. Learn new things everyday. thanking you.

Regards

Henri

Alteryx Certified Partner

Love these kind of challenges. Two solutions below,

Spoiler
Challenge 155 - Capture.PNGWorkflowChallenge 155 - Capture Python.PNGIn the Python Tool
Meteor

This was my first attempt at doing a weekly challenge, but honestly didn't even know where to begin. Anyone else feel this way and simply look at other's solutions? I see some of yall did it

Hi @Abell. This is definitely quite a tricky one to start with! You might be wanna ease into it by doing some of the beginner ones (see this handy index: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/td-p/48275). I didn't look at anyone's solution for this particular Challenge, but when you're completely stuck, sneaking a peak at how others have done it is a good way to learn.

Meteor

Fun!

Meteor

Love to look how others solve these challenges.  Who knew about "MODE" in the Summarize tool? Not Me!

Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution attached!

Spoiler
Untitled.jpg

Alteryx
Alteryx

Fun challenge!

Spoiler
Week 155.PNG
Meteor

Solution Attached!

6 tools used, can handle changing string lengths.