community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
SOLVED

Challenge #155: March Cryptanalytics

Alteryx
Alteryx

like that frequency tool, well done

Alteryx Partner

What a fun and great challenge

But my first take I failed miserably 😂

Spoiler
kck Who's tnhere? Irisoh! Irish Wcho? Irish kyou a happ y St. PatrKick's Day!no

In the end, my solution ended up looking exact as @nerces so big kudos there 👍

Spoiler

Apparently not many have facilitated the »Data Investigation« tools in Alteryx, but they are some really cleaver tools if you would like to dig deeper in the data itself

The split of the data using RegEx tool and then again using the Summarize tool is not that difficult, I had just not taken into consideration that the order of the letters was determined by the actual frequency, which had me returning that piece of rubbish above.

Of course the correct result is:

knock Knock Who's there? Irish! Irish Who? Irish you a happy St. Patrick's Day!
2019-03-14 10_44_41-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge155_solution_verakso.yxmd.png

giphyHappy Pi Day

Still Climbing

/Thomas

Meteoroid

Let's have beers !!!

Atom

Thanks for a fun challenge!

Sam

Bolide
Bolide

And the same to you!

Spoiler
Hoping to have found a novel solution...I've used summarize "Mode" to determine which character appears most often.  

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
2019-03-14 09_13_12-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge155.yxmd_.jpg
Asteroid

This was and interesting challenge. Good luck everyone.

Spoiler

Workflow.PNG

Asteroid

Fun! My solution

Spoiler
alteryx weekly challenge 03142019.PNG
Spoiler
AWC_155.PNG
Meteor
Spoiler
Spoiler!