community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
SOLVED

Challenge #155: March Cryptanalytics

Asteroid

Enjoyed this one!

Asteroid

This was a fun one! 

Spoiler
challenge 155.PNG
Interesting one,Thanks @TerryT
I used the Concatenate Macro by Joe_Mako as a last step. Thanks @Joe_Mako!

Spoiler

Spoiler.PNG

Quasar

Thanks, @danilang ! :)

Meteoroid
Spoiler
SPOILER

Hi,

This is my first weekly challenge attempt. I liked it. Highlight below for my answer:

knock Knock Who's there? Irish! Irish Who? Irish you a happy St. Patrick's Day!

My approach used 8 tools including the Input/Output.

Input -> RegEx -> Transpose -> Summarize -> Formula -> Sort -> Summarize -> Browse

Meteoroid

sorry my browser posted my reply twice.. not sure how to delete this one just edit it.

Asteroid

Meteor
Spoiler
Had to think this one through a bit before starting to work on it. Finally came up with the idea to split the data into single characters and use the frequency tool to get the frequency of each character in each position. I then summarised to get the max frequency for each position and joined back to the frequency tool to pull through the actual character value. I then sorted by position number and summarised again to turn the multirow data into one field with the full decrypted message.
Challenge155.png

First challenge I've ever attempted, thank you!

Alteryx
Alteryx

Happy St. Patrick's Day! to all the Irish folks

Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG