community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #154: Permute the Data

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all !

It was not an easy one ! I guess my version can be improved but here is mine !

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
Atom

Kat, My workflow is similar to yours.

Asteroid

learned about binary from this one. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
Not dynamic, but I was happy with how quickly I was able to solve this particular problem!

Here is how simple it is to get the combinations needed
Capture.PNG

But then a couple extra tools are needed to match the given output exactly
2.PNG
Atom
Spoiler
Screenshot.JPG

Solution that is completely dynamic thanks to math =D.  To convert to a macro, ToggleCount would have to be set as a control parameter and appended to the Macro Input Data.

Asteroid

Nice!

Turned out to be slightly more tricky but not too difficult

Quasar

Fun challenge!

Meteoroid

Completely dynamic solution (Tools and Status) with Iterative macro.

Nebula
Nebula

the joys of boolean logic!    Does everyone smile when they get to do bit-wise logic?

Spoiler

Solution.jpg
Set up an iterator for each state that's possible.   This kid of idea works for any system that can be reduced to a numeric system