Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #154: Permute the Data

SaintVincent
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the Challenge, stray to the point 8 tools no macro

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

ahmadtookhy
7 - Meteor

Solution

ahmadtookhy
7 - Meteor

been struggling with making it dynamic, not to insert a single character/parameter that corresponds to the data or the count of rows in both inputs.

My solution attached

sam_seed
5 - Atom

Hey everyone. Here's my dynamic solution (any number of options, and any number of states that those options can take), done without creating a macro.

Thanks for a fun challenge!

Sam

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

My solution

ntanveerkhan1
5 - Atom

Here is my solution. Completely dynamic and without macros!

Spoiler
Untitled.png
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Found two ways to do it. One uses Python,

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflowPython codePython code
Verakso
11 - Bolide

When I first saw this challenge I thought “oh boy” a challenge by the renowned @MarqueeCrew 

Then I took a look at the original question, and was none the wiser on how to solve this.

I somewhat quite quickly came up with a solution

Spoiler
Here is my first solution. I went with the Append tool to solve this, but the problem with this one, is that it is not very dynamic.First AttemtFirst Attemt

But I was not happy with it, after all it was a challenge by the great @MarqueeCrew 

So – I tried a little harder, to see if I could not solve this using an iterative macro, and wouldn't you know – after some persistency, I did manage to make a macro.

Spoiler

After some iterations – no pun intended – I did manage to get a macro working

Workflow with MacroWorkflow with MacroThe macro looks like this

The Macro itselfThe Macro itselfAnd I even was able to test it with other switches than just Yes and No – and it seems working.
Test of Macro with more switchesTest of Macro with more switchesResult of testResult of testWell almost – there seems to be a bug in my logic so it you only have two options, like Apple and Orange, then my macro only spits out Apple 😢

But in the end, I am quite happy with my result, although it fades when you see the solution form the master himself.

Thanks for a great challenge @MarqueeCrew, @JoeM and the rest of you.

Still Climbing
/Thomas

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor