Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #154: Permute the Data

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I really tried to get the advanced piece done for this one. I was able to get an dynamic number of states including having different numbers of states for each tool. My example shows three tools, one with two, one with three, and one with four states. I couldn't figure out how to get an dynamic number of tools, though. Looking forward to seeing others' solutions.

(In looking at some of the other solutions I think I bit off more than I could chew when I went for allowing different tools to have different numbers of states. If I kept them all the same I could have gone for the counting and base conversion approach I was thinking of originally.)

Karam
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

First block is the basic solution and second part is the dynamic approach (it takes any number of tools / any number of toggle options!)

Spoiler
Challenge 154.PNG

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

on/off = binary

Spoiler
Challenge 154.png
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC154.PNG

Recently encountered a problem like this at work. My colleagues were able to help me solve it and one even told me it was a weekly challenge! So clever to use binary logic to do the combinations!

ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

Put together a fully dynamic solution. The only required input is more tools in the original input. 

Spoiler
ZHSOL.png
MattBenj
9 - Comet

Interesting challenge.

nini
8 - Asteroid

My Solution:

mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
The Brute Force MethodThe Brute Force Method