Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #154: Permute the Data

SaintVincent
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the Challenge, stray to the point 8 tools no macro

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

ahmadtookhy
7 - Meteor

Solution

ahmadtookhy
7 - Meteor

been struggling with making it dynamic, not to insert a single character/parameter that corresponds to the data or the count of rows in both inputs.

My solution attached

sam_seed
5 - Atom

Hey everyone. Here's my dynamic solution (any number of options, and any number of states that those options can take), done without creating a macro.

Thanks for a fun challenge!

Sam

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

My solution

ntanveerkhan1
5 - Atom

Here is my solution. Completely dynamic and without macros!

Spoiler
Untitled.png
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Found two ways to do it. One uses Python,

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflowPython codePython code
Verakso
11 - Bolide

When I first saw this challenge I thought “oh boy” a challenge by the renowned @MarqueeCrew 

Then I took a look at the original question, and was none the wiser on how to solve this.

I somewhat quite quickly came up with a solution

Spoiler
Here is my first solution. I went with the Append tool to solve this, but the problem with this one, is that it is not very dynamic.First AttemtFirst Attemt

But I was not happy with it, after all it was a challenge by the great @MarqueeCrew 

So – I tried a little harder, to see if I could not solve this using an iterative macro, and wouldn't you know – after some persistency, I did manage to make a macro.

Spoiler

After some iterations – no pun intended – I did manage to get a macro working

Workflow with MacroWorkflow with MacroThe macro looks like this

The Macro itselfThe Macro itselfAnd I even was able to test it with other switches than just Yes and No – and it seems working.
Test of Macro with more switchesTest of Macro with more switchesResult of testResult of testWell almost – there seems to be a bug in my logic so it you only have two options, like Apple and Orange, then my macro only spits out Apple 😢

But in the end, I am quite happy with my result, although it fades when you see the solution form the master himself.

Thanks for a great challenge @MarqueeCrew, @JoeM and the rest of you.

Still Climbing
/Thomas

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor