community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #152: Finding Vehicle Counts

Asteroid

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution. I used Calgary tools for the first time, very interesting.

Aurora

New Challenge...New tools...It's a good day.

It's interesting that the Calgary Cross Count Append capitalizes the Model and Color info, whereas it's lower case in the .cydb.  Any ideas why or how to change this behaviour @JoeM?  No obvious configuration options for letter case.

Spoiler
Solution.png

Dan

Alteryx Certified Partner

Done :)

Alteryx
Alteryx

I had literally no idea what 'Calgary' was, but typed it into the search bar and discovered we had an entire toolset for it! After that the challenge was as expected.

Spoiler
Week 152.PNG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Enjoyed this challenge!

My solution:

Spoiler
First looked at Calgary join, but then explored the Calgary Cross Count and eventually settled on the Cross Count Append, creating Cross Count for each input record.

A really useful tool that can save tons of time!

Quasar

Solution attached.

Asteroid

This was my first exposure to Calgary Tools

Spoiler

Calgary.JPG

Alteryx Partner

Oh Boy, this was a though one.

In the end, I did get a result that matched, but I think I have gone too many hoops to get there.

I even had to watch @ChristineB great Live Training on the subject, and I still had trouble in getting these small pesky components to do as I wanted 😆

So I am looking forward to see the "official" solution to this one, but until then, here is mine.

Spoiler
So id didn't take me long to figure out, that I better brush up on the Calgary database, and I must say - I am impressed.

That will for sure come in handy some day.

My final workflow ended up like this

2019-02-12 17_43_19-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_152_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngMy Workflow

I did also try working with the Calgary Join and the Cross Count, but I could not get the result I wanted, so I ended up with this,

But I really liked, that you could filter our the data before you loaded them in, almost like the in-db feature, that was nice.

Still climbing

/Thomas