Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #152: Finding Vehicle Counts

Ganeshkumar_4
5 - Atom

Inactive User
Not applicable

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution. I used Calgary tools for the first time, very interesting.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

New Challenge...New tools...It's a good day.

It's interesting that the Calgary Cross Count Append capitalizes the Model and Color info, whereas it's lower case in the .cydb.  Any ideas why or how to change this behaviour @JoeM?  No obvious configuration options for letter case.

Spoiler
Solution.png

Dan

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Done :)

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I had literally no idea what 'Calgary' was, but typed it into the search bar and discovered we had an entire toolset for it! After that the challenge was as expected.

Spoiler
Week 152.PNG
DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Enjoyed this challenge!

My solution:

Spoiler
First looked at Calgary join, but then explored the Calgary Cross Count and eventually settled on the Cross Count Append, creating Cross Count for each input record.

A really useful tool that can save tons of time!

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

kcgreen
8 - Asteroid

This was my first exposure to Calgary Tools

Spoiler

Calgary.JPG

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Oh Boy, this was a though one.

In the end, I did get a result that matched, but I think I have gone too many hoops to get there.

I even had to watch @ChristineB great Live Training on the subject, and I still had trouble in getting these small pesky components to do as I wanted 😆

So I am looking forward to see the "official" solution to this one, but until then, here is mine.

Spoiler
So id didn't take me long to figure out, that I better brush up on the Calgary database, and I must say - I am impressed.

That will for sure come in handy some day.

My final workflow ended up like this

My WorkflowMy Workflow

I did also try working with the Calgary Join and the Cross Count, but I could not get the result I wanted, so I ended up with this,

But I really liked, that you could filter our the data before you loaded them in, almost like the in-db feature, that was nice.

Still climbing

/Thomas