We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.
The Alteryx Community will be temporarily unavailable for a time due to scheduled maintenance on Thursday, April 22nd. Please plan accordingly.

Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback

Challenge #152: Finding Vehicle Counts

Ganeshkumar_4
5 - Atom
 
CharlotteEarps
8 - Asteroid
 
RolandSchubert
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My solution. I used Calgary tools for the first time, very interesting.

danilang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

New Challenge...New tools...It's a good day.

 

It's interesting that the Calgary Cross Count Append capitalizes the Model and Color info, whereas it's lower case in the .cydb.  Any ideas why or how to change this behaviour @JoeM?  No obvious configuration options for letter case.

 

 

Spoiler
Solution.png

Dan

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Done 🙂

JamesMA
Alteryx
Alteryx

I had literally no idea what 'Calgary' was, but typed it into the search bar and discovered we had an entire toolset for it! After that the challenge was as expected.

 

Spoiler
Week 152.PNG
DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Enjoyed this challenge!

 

My solution:

 

Spoiler
First looked at Calgary join, but then explored the Calgary Cross Count and eventually settled on the Cross Count Append, creating Cross Count for each input record.

A really useful tool that can save tons of time!

 

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

kcgreen
8 - Asteroid

This was my first exposure to Calgary Tools

 

Spoiler

 

Calgary.JPG

 

Verakso
10 - Fireball

Oh Boy, this was a though one.

 

In the end, I did get a result that matched, but I think I have gone too many hoops to get there.

 

I even had to watch @ChristineB great Live Training on the subject, and I still had trouble in getting these small pesky components to do as I wanted 😆

 

So I am looking forward to see the "official" solution to this one, but until then, here is mine.

 

Spoiler
So id didn't take me long to figure out, that I better brush up on the Calgary database, and I must say - I am impressed.

That will for sure come in handy some day.

My final workflow ended up like this

My WorkflowMy Workflow

I did also try working with the Calgary Join and the Cross Count, but I could not get the result I wanted, so I ended up with this,

But I really liked, that you could filter our the data before you loaded them in, almost like the in-db feature, that was nice.

Still climbing

/Thomas