Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #151: Meta Parsing

alex
11 - Bolide

With columns and data in same order as desired output.  What's with all the z's in the data?

Spoiler

I added the record ID to beginning of column name to force the cross tab tool to order the columns correctly then removed record id from header in Dynamic Rename.
Replace(Substring([_CurrentField_],2,toNumber(Length([_CurrentField_])-2)),"_"," ")

clipboard_image_0.png

Zuza
8 - Asteroid

Martyn
9 - Comet
Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
mbogusz
9 - Comet

I like your thinking @matyohan!

Spoiler
Needed to sort first in both the input solutions and output solutions in order for the Expect Equal tool to function right.  Otherwise, job done.Needed to sort first in both the input solutions and output solutions in order for the Expect Equal tool to function right. Otherwise, job done.
dhtay
8 - Asteroid

Took me much longer than I expected. Can't wait to see other solutions to this problem!

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Forgot to attach spoiler.  Adding so challenges completed tracks correctly.

Spoiler
Challenge 151.JPG

Karam
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge!

Spoiler
Challenge 151.PNG
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

perfect use case for a macro!

Spoiler
challenge 151 macro.pngchallenge 151.png
ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

I remember looking at this challenge when it was fresh and not really understanding the data set and just skipping it. Coming back to fill in the gaps of my weekly challenges I'm glad to have finally solved this (:

Spoiler
ZHSOL.png
Inactive User
Not applicable