Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #151: Meta Parsing

itestu
Alteryx
Alteryx

I update my solution with the sort order on the columns automated !

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Went down the macro route!

Added steps to make sure the columns are ordered correctly.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

A great use case for a batch macro!

Spoiler
challenge_151.pngchallenge_151_macro.png
GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

The Batch macro approach was my first instinct, but then I got through the more 'standard' route! @MichalM, nice to see yours completed the way I imagined it in the first place (and failed to deliver, sigh!)

Spoiler
- It was interesting to see the CrossTab tool reorders both fields and records alphabetically. In order to get the ouputs consistent with the desired outputs, I used the RecordID + Dynamic rename needed on the Data Dictionary input stream and another RecordID tool in the DataSet input stream
GC151.JPG
catarina_pimpao
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
AWC_151.PNG
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is a great challenge for that data prep type thinking; and solutions can be a lot simpler than people think.

Fortunately, I've been presented with this problem a few times over the last 6 months so I found my way through it relatively simply!

Spoiler
2019-02-11_15-28-18.png
harterjay
7 - Meteor

My first challenge post. Admittedly, I begged, borrowed and stole from anywhere I could find - but learned a lot!

Capture.PNG

edwin_isensee
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution. Using macro.

Spoiler
Solution1.png
Solution2.png
dvsrtns
7 - Meteor

Was doing the cross tab step wrong at first, but got it in the end.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
PeterF
8 - Asteroid

Great challenge. Curious about the other solutions.