community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #151: Meta Parsing

Spoiler
Perhaps I'm over-complicating this, but I went for the dynamic replace. You would have to do a little more work if you wanted to keep the field order the same.
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

My solution..

Spoiler
Challenge_151_Spoiler.JPG
Bolide
Bolide

Figured out a method that is a bit ugly, but I like it and it works!

Bolide

Cheers!

Spoiler
Challenge_151.PNG
Asteroid

Dynamic data parsing

Quasar

Here is my solution. 

Spoiler
Challenge 151 Meta Parsing.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

This one uses a variety of tools.

Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #151 macro.PNGChallenge #151.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Challenge Completed 

Asteroid

"Each week your boss gives you a new dataset to parse. Each week it comes with a different schema..." sounds like my life!  :)

My solution:  

Spoiler

I used a recordID in case there were duplicate strings, and a recordID for fields to keep them in the original order.

151EW.PNG