Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #15: Warehouse Shipped Miles

gcarroll
7 - Meteor

Didn't realise "Find Nearest" existed so went about this a long winded way. Probably could have also made things easier by working out the centroids before the join. 

Enjoyable exercises, definitely the best way to learn!

Verakso
11 - Bolide

I clearly hasn't figured out how to use the right tools, but in the end, my result did match.

Spoiler

So I used the formula tool and the ST_Distance function since I knew that and had used it before.

I must admit that nicer solution than this one has been presented, but I tried this one all on my own, with no peaking,...

Br
/Thomas 

Verenala4
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

This challenge was definitely a bit harder for me as I have never used the spatial tools before but I learned a lot from it! Really enjoyed it.

V

Spoiler
Challenge 15 - capture.PNG
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

My solution!

Spoiler
Warehouse workflow.PNG
CesarPicco
7 - Meteor

Figured it out.  I was stuck till I saw someone demo Alteryx at my local Tableau User Group and use an Append Rows tool.  Solution attached. -Cesar

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge #15, done!

Spoiler
Challenge15.PNG

Cheers,

sharathkumargurram1
7 - Meteor

Hi ,

Solution has been uploaded.

Best Regards,

Sharath Kumar Gurram.

alex2017
7 - Meteor

My solution is attached

GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution attached!

Spoiler
Looking at other solutions, I realise how much easier it is to solve this challenge by using the Alteryx Spatial tools!

rfergus
8 - Asteroid

Nice problem for some spatial practice.

Spoiler
image.png