Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #15: Warehouse Shipped Miles

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution!

rachelgatto
8 - Asteroid

Solved.

BradWerner
11 - Bolide

My first time using spatial! Thanks for these challenges.

Spoiler
Challenge_15BW.PNG
Ella
5 - Atom

Solved :).

Parul_Kapoor
8 - Asteroid

Here is the solution.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

In my defence, I thought we would only be shipping the goods we were short of at the sites which is why I introduced a new field for how many items each site was short.  Turned out not to be what the examiner had in mind!  So a few extra steps...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Challenge 15 Flow.jpg

Mausam
8 - Asteroid

I had forgotten to multiply the number of items assigned with the distance from the warehouse to the store, intially :) . But realised my mistake soon and got the answers in the ouput. 

Nothing out of the ordinary. Very similar to the original solution. 

nickjastrzebski
8 - Asteroid

There's a couple of ways to get to this solution. I went with a less elegant approach by appending the warehouses onto the stores then summarising to return only the nearest warehouse for each store. A better option would be to use the Find Nearest tool to do that for you.

Spoiler
image.png
bkclaw113
9 - Comet

All I want to know is how big are these items that we are calculating the miles per item per store from the warehouse.

EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx