Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #148: Rotating Century Puzzle

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @kat

Back with a vengeance, I see.  All the missing challenges in 1 day.  Good to have you back.  

Dan

rfergus
8 - Asteroid

Took some creativity to figure out how to group various columns together, but finally figured out a formula that would work.

Spoiler
image.png
matyohan
9 - Comet

Very funny challenge

AndrewSharot
5 - Atom

A bit late but complete!

TerryT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Good one!

Spoiler
challenge_148.PNG

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Thought I might be able to use the optimization tool for this but couldn't figure it out. Instead I went with more of a brute force method.

Spoiler
WC148 6 Ring Puzzler.png
edwin_isensee
7 - Meteor

Interesting challenge! Here is the solution.

Spoiler
Solution.png
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I was trying to see if I could get around parts using the data transposed to try and write more simple formulas, but got my head in a mess.

So looks like I went down the route of many......

Spoiler
Workflow.png
cbrettlockard
7 - Meteor

A bit late, but this looked like a fun one, so I wanted to see if I could figure it out.  I'm sure my solution isn't the most efficient way to solve this problem, but it gets the job done.

itestu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

I chose to recalculate the position on each ring so it directly in the right position before gathering all the rings together via their Position.

Spoiler
Capture.JPG