Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #148: Rotating Century Puzzle

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Completed, but it may be not really a nice solution.

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Not as elegant as some of the macro solutions.  The formula to lock the relative ring positions to each other took some time, but ultimately let to a single (correct) solution.

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

I used join function for current position and next position. I don't know if this approach is dynamic enough. It will probably require a few more rounds of joining if it has > 6 positions.

clant
8 - Asteroid

I did this two different ways. I think there has to be a better way than i did it, neither are very dynamic and i do not like them but they both solve the puzzle.

Spoiler
The first way i used MOD to create a position key. My second solution was to create a key from the positions then find the next one along, after doing this twice i had only 6 results.
148.PNG
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Decided to go the non-macro way... 

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution!

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Loved this challenge - a true puzzle!  Had seen this challenge and a solution prior to it becoming a weekly challenge, but really took time to understand it for myself...so it's not as pretty, but gets the job done!  (It also pays to read the instructions carefully...)

kshashank03
7 - Meteor

Sebenius
8 - Asteroid

My solution to get the code then validate the code with a small macro to simulate turning.

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Wow, a fun & complicated challenge as I like :-)

I did it with a batch macro.