Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #148: Rotating Century Puzzle

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Completed, but it may be not really a nice solution.

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Not as elegant as some of the macro solutions.  The formula to lock the relative ring positions to each other took some time, but ultimately let to a single (correct) solution.

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

I used join function for current position and next position. I don't know if this approach is dynamic enough. It will probably require a few more rounds of joining if it has > 6 positions.

clant
8 - Asteroid

I did this two different ways. I think there has to be a better way than i did it, neither are very dynamic and i do not like them but they both solve the puzzle.

Spoiler
The first way i used MOD to create a position key. My second solution was to create a key from the positions then find the next one along, after doing this twice i had only 6 results.
148.PNG
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Decided to go the non-macro way... 

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution!

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Loved this challenge - a true puzzle!  Had seen this challenge and a solution prior to it becoming a weekly challenge, but really took time to understand it for myself...so it's not as pretty, but gets the job done!  (It also pays to read the instructions carefully...)

kshashank03
7 - Meteor

Sebenius
8 - Asteroid

My solution to get the code then validate the code with a small macro to simulate turning.

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Wow, a fun & complicated challenge as I like :-)

I did it with a batch macro.