community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #147: EMEA Grand Prix Prelims - Time Series

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi !

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_147.PNG

Meteor

My solution to this weeks challenge!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Done in less than 3 minutes :-)

Atom

Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 19.07.39.pngMy first Alteryx workflow and challenge. Looking forward to many more!

Asteroid

Here is my solution

Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is my solution:

Spoiler
Not sure if everybody knows that, but if a field starts with a number and then there comes text, you can usually just easily change it to a numeric field with the Select tool and then it will just keep the front number and throw out the later following text. That way, you dont need to use a formula or parse tool to parse out the text from the number :)

grafik.png

Asteroid

Quasar

Nice quick one to start off the year

Spoiler
solution.png

Dan

Quasar

Hi @OliverW

Not sure if it's an artifact of the display resolution of your image or your "unorthodox" method of numerical conversion, but your results appear to be missing a decimal point.  

Spoiler
Results.png

Dan

Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for this Dan, must have been a resolution thing on my Surface, where I created this last night, looks good on my regular laptop though:

Spoiler
grafik.png