Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #147: EMEA Grand Prix Prelims - Time Series

NSASPORTES
5 - Atom

Hi,

Here's my solution

Spoiler
workflow.PNG

nitinpatkar1984
7 - Meteor

Catching Up...

NikolajFrosig
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Verakso
11 - Bolide

The first challenge of the year, and I was already stuck.

No Help HereNo Help Here

So I did what I always do - plunge though the community to learn more about ETS models,

Well, there wasn't any obvious Tool Mastery - ETS tip this time (or perhaps there is, and it is just called something else), but I found this recorded Live Training on Time Series Modeling.

It is easy just to copy others solutions, and mark it as done ✓

But then I would not have learned how to use it, or get a grasp on how it works.

I over complicated my solution, but in the end, I did get a result that matched so here it is

Spoiler
As I stated, my final workflow is a bit over complicated, but I tried to apply what I had learned from the recording of the Live Training.

The WorflowThe Worflow

Here it was mentioned, that you should:

• Identify missing periods in the historical dataset
  • Always check for NULL/missing values
  • Order consecutive periods between start and ending period

So that's I applied some sorting, I wanted to make sure that the data was aligned

But the result was not right...

The weong resultThe weong result Again, I had been following the Live Training a bit to much, and I had put in the ☑ in the »Series starting period...«

The wrong settingsThe wrong settings

Turned out, that you where not supposed to do this in this challenge, so after removing the checkbox, my result looked just like the one provided. 

The final resultThe final result I will recommend that Live Training session though, since it provided me with some further insight, like this cool TS Plot tool

The use of TS PlotThe use of TS Plot

Until next week

Br

/Thomas

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution 3 weeks later. No wonder I didn't get on stage...

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Duplicated message :/

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Showing again just how easy it is to run models in Alteryx!

rfergus
8 - Asteroid

First attempt at time series modeling and forecasts in Alteryx. I was happy to see the workflow I came up with was similar to many others. I think I'll take some time to learn more.

Spoiler
image.png
gnans19
11 - Bolide

Attached solution

edwin_isensee
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution.

Spoiler
Solution.png