Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #147: EMEA Grand Prix Prelims - Time Series

mickael_gest
8 - Asteroid

Hi !

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_147.PNG

kexelby
7 - Meteor

My solution to this weeks challenge!

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Done in less than 3 minutes :-)

dorianb
5 - Atom

Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 19.07.39.pngMy first Alteryx workflow and challenge. Looking forward to many more!

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here is my solution:

Spoiler
Not sure if everybody knows that, but if a field starts with a number and then there comes text, you can usually just easily change it to a numeric field with the Select tool and then it will just keep the front number and throw out the later following text. That way, you dont need to use a formula or parse tool to parse out the text from the number :)

grafik.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Nice quick one to start off the year

Spoiler
solution.png

Dan

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @OliverW

Not sure if it's an artifact of the display resolution of your image or your "unorthodox" method of numerical conversion, but your results appear to be missing a decimal point.  

Spoiler
Results.png

Dan

OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for this Dan, must have been a resolution thing on my Surface, where I created this last night, looks good on my regular laptop though:

Spoiler
grafik.png