Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #147: EMEA Grand Prix Prelims - Time Series

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy 2019! Your first weekly challenge of the year is a question from the 2018 EMEA Grand Prix preliminary round. You are tasked with building a time series model to predict how many units of a product should be stocked in the future to keep up with demand.

And, if you hadn't heard, we are hosting our first ever APAC Grand Prix at the Inspire on Tour event in Sydney on 21 March 2019. So if you plan to join us in Sydney, head over the Grand Prix blog and sign yourself up for the preliminary round. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Bit of a cheat given I did this in the prelims.

Spoiler
Challenge 147 solution.JPG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My Solution!

@patrick_digan, I see you are starting off 2019 with your "Notify me the second the Weekly Challenge posts" alarm up and running... ;)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge147.JPG

Cheers to a new year of my favorite weekly activity!!

NJ

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!

Spoiler
Challenge_147.PNG
TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Happy New Year!

Spoiler
WC147 ETS.png
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Happy 2019 everyone! So happy to return to one of my favorite weekly activities.

Spoiler
image.png
KevinW
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
147.JPG
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

here is my solution.

Spoiler
Forecast.JPG
I have used the imputation tool because first I have tried to use the TS Forecast Factory and some products have missing values.