Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #146: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 2

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1590670915613.png

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Ooh child, that was a bumpy ride!

I've webscraped the post to look for any messages with spoilers or attachments and added additional constraint that allowed for only one solution per user.

Then, I've had some issues with getting the gifts list optimised and kept getting errors or some bizarre results! Finally, made it though. The workflow ain't pretty but I'm also tired so happy to be done with this one haha

Spoiler
hanykowska_0-1590737855324.png
hanykowska_1-1590737898136.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

My solution for challenge #146. I went down the web scraping route and I found that the # of posts was around 44 on the 21st December 2018, so that made up a donation of £880. 

To select the items, I was intrigued to use the optimization tool but I couldn't configure it properly :/. I will give it another shot once I have more time to revise the relevant article in the community.

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-06-23 171822.png
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Challenge 146 is done! Decided to go down the optimization route (loving the optimization tool!). @AngelosPachis this might be of interest to you (i know you wanted to get it working)

Workflow:

Spoiler
challenge 146 JMS solution.PNG

Batch optimization process:

Spoiler
challenge 146 JMS batch macro.PNG