Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #146: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 2

balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1590670915613.png

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Ooh child, that was a bumpy ride!

I've webscraped the post to look for any messages with spoilers or attachments and added additional constraint that allowed for only one solution per user.

Then, I've had some issues with getting the gifts list optimised and kept getting errors or some bizarre results! Finally, made it though. The workflow ain't pretty but I'm also tired so happy to be done with this one haha

Spoiler
hanykowska_0-1590737855324.png
hanykowska_1-1590737898136.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

My solution for challenge #146. I went down the web scraping route and I found that the # of posts was around 44 on the 21st December 2018, so that made up a donation of £880. 

To select the items, I was intrigued to use the optimization tool but I couldn't configure it properly :/. I will give it another shot once I have more time to revise the relevant article in the community.

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-06-23 171822.png
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 146 is done! Decided to go down the optimization route (loving the optimization tool!). @AngelosPachis this might be of interest to you (i know you wanted to get it working)

Workflow:

Spoiler
challenge 146 JMS solution.PNG

Batch optimization process:

Spoiler
challenge 146 JMS batch macro.PNG
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC146.PNG

Really fun challenge, though I feel I could have made it a bit more dynamic in places! 

JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_146_jc.PNG
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

I scraped the Challenge#146 top page and get pages number.
After that,I scraped the all pages. And I got the Date and Use Name of each post, too.
After that, I got the quantity of yxmd/yxzp file except JoeM's solution between 12/17-12/21.

I used Optimization tool to fit my budget $840.

If the minimum quantity is 1, it won't be able to meet the 840$.
So I set the minimum qty is 2 and maximize qty is 20.

The remainder was 0.03$.

Spoiler

My shopping List.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1604817592818.png

Remainder
AkimasaKajitani_1-1604817624285.png

scraping block

scraping.png

StoreData Prep and Optimization block

storedataprep_optimization.png

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Challenging, but fun. I went ahead and added macro counts to my solution, in the interest of generosity.  I'm sure my method would have worked better as an iterative macro, but my brute force method left me with 17 items on the list and 21 cents leftover.  It should still come close if the number of submissions changes.  I wish I could intuit the optimization tool a bit better, but I'm still struggling with it, hence my brute force option. Regardless, solution attached.  

Spoiler
MP 146.jpg

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid

Here is my submission, 85 solutions were submitted, so my solution is based on the amount of $1700.

Spoiler
workflow.png