Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #146: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 2

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Late to the party(again).  But echoing @kat's sentiment, it's been a fun journey from opening Alteryx for the 1st time 10 months ago to scraping the community site and building an optimization model today.  I've worked with a lot of languages/no-code packages in my time going way back to 6510 assembly language and Alteryx is an almost perfect blend of user-friendly development environment coupled with an extremely deep tool kit that is easily extensible.  

Spoiler
Solution.png

Dan

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

My solution and shopping list

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Only counted users who posted more than one attachment as one for total number of solutions.

Spoiler
challenge_146.PNG
juansagasta
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So - I went completely over the top on this one - and built a few reusable Lithium connectors - seems to have worked well.

Thanks to @cgoodman3 for the solution using the optimization tool - I've not used this yet!

Annotation 2019-06-14 133308.png

Spoiler

Step 1: get the solution count.    Built some reusable macros for the Lithium (community) API

Count the solutions.png

Step 2: Then filter the potential shopping list

Solution part 1.pngsolution part 2.png

Step 3: Use an iterative macro to maximize spending:

Iterator.png

Looking forward to seeing how others tackled this one!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

My solution

Spoiler
I cheated and used the solution counter macro 😞

I made and iterative macro that randomly picks items from the list until all the money is gone...total 333 items selected

Capture.PNGCaptureit.PNG
fmeo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
146.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hardly my best effort. Needed a lot of tweaking to get a decent result. Looking forward to seeing how others solved this.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Trying to finish the last few challenges to be 100% on all challenges. I took a bit of the easy route with the macro, but have plans to go back and do the download myself.

Spoiler
Challenge 146.PNG