Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #146: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 2

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Late to the party(again).  But echoing @kat's sentiment, it's been a fun journey from opening Alteryx for the 1st time 10 months ago to scraping the community site and building an optimization model today.  I've worked with a lot of languages/no-code packages in my time going way back to 6510 assembly language and Alteryx is an almost perfect blend of user-friendly development environment coupled with an extremely deep tool kit that is easily extensible.  

Spoiler
Solution.png

Dan

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

My solution and shopping list

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Only counted users who posted more than one attachment as one for total number of solutions.

Spoiler
challenge_146.PNG
juansagasta
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So - I went completely over the top on this one - and built a few reusable Lithium connectors - seems to have worked well.

Thanks to @cgoodman3 for the solution using the optimization tool - I've not used this yet!

Annotation 2019-06-14 133308.png

Spoiler

Step 1: get the solution count.    Built some reusable macros for the Lithium (community) API

Count the solutions.png

Step 2: Then filter the potential shopping list

Solution part 1.pngsolution part 2.png

Step 3: Use an iterative macro to maximize spending:

Iterator.png

Looking forward to seeing how others tackled this one!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

My solution

Spoiler
I cheated and used the solution counter macro 😞

I made and iterative macro that randomly picks items from the list until all the money is gone...total 333 items selected

Capture.PNGCaptureit.PNG
fmeo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
146.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hardly my best effort. Needed a lot of tweaking to get a decent result. Looking forward to seeing how others solved this.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Trying to finish the last few challenges to be 100% on all challenges. I took a bit of the easy route with the macro, but have plans to go back and do the download myself.

Spoiler
Challenge 146.PNG