community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #146: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 2

Alteryx Partner

Unfortunately I'm too late ... but a really interesting challenge.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Spent a while trying to crack the simple logic to this. Got it eventually.

Happy new year all.

Spoiler
1. Take cheapest option for each item category
2. Multiply out by 10 (max 10 of each item)
3. Order by price and calculate running total
4. Filter for within budget
Capture.JPG
Highlighted
Meteor

Bit late to the part on this one but here's my solution! Haven't done the Solution reading part...shortcut on that by using a text input (solution attached uses $600, which gives multiple purchases of clothing items, but works if this is changed)

My solution - finally! Was determined to figure out the Optimization tool. It has been my arch nemesis for some time now. After this challenge.... still my arch nemesis. :) But I got there eventually!!

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge146.JPG

What a fun and Community-minded challenge... thanks to all who helped make a difference through both challenge completions AND personal contributions!! Just another example of how this Community is really making a difference in SO MANY WAYS. Love you guys. *tear* :)

Cheers!

NJ

Asteroid
Like me, feel previously defeated by this tool (probably for the same reasons) but pleased to have used it for a good cause on this challenge.