We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
I had waaaaayyy too much fun with this. To quote Monty Python, "Now for something completely different." I started with the premises of everybody loves surprises, but they still need to get something they want (need) and Christmas should be about the kids. I split my budget between clothing (green section) and hygiene (red section) to balance purchases (more on that later). My first filters (other than required) filter the products that reference "child" and "kid" then randomizes the products and amounts to purchase. This leads to the fun result of every time the workflow is run it produces a different result! After maximizing my spend on each type, I wanted to be sure I was squeezing out every penny that could be spent on purchasing products, so I took any remaining balance and determined if any additional products could be purchased. The gold section (final purchases) could be an iterative macro, but running it twice seemed to always work. With a higher budget, a macro would be recommended. Browse outputs give a shopping list and the remaining cash balance.
Finally, being inspired by Alteryx and this weekly challenge, I matched the $20 donation Alteryx is giving to A Precious Child. If you can, I challenge everyone who is posting a solution to do the same. The link is: https://donate.apreciouschild.org/
Happy Holidays and Happy Alteryxing!
Also I love the idea of making a donation for real! Going to do that now.
This was my favorite challenge to date!
Here’s where my brain went with this one:
I had $740 dollars to work with, but this is workflow is dynamic to run with any budget. If I were responsible for the product selection, I might run the workflow a few times to get a list that “feels” the right mix of products to donate. There’s only so much we can automate before we need to get down into the weeds.
Happy Holidays everyone! See you next year!