community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

Alteryx
Alteryx

Definitely should have been more efficient with other tools like Dynamic Rename but overall I'm happy with the selection:

Spoiler
Mads_Challenge145_Santalyticspart1.PNG
Asteroid

I did it!

Spoiler
145screen.jpg

Here are my three charities, listed by efficiency

Asteroid

As always more tools than needed, but the solution looks to be correct and the extra tools help me reduce data clutter as I go (:

Merry Christmas!

Spoiler
Santalytics ZH Workflow.PNG
Asteroid

A little concerned at all that fell out of the join on EIN, but here's what I came up with.

Spoiler
145 Top Charities.JPG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great job so far everyone!

Spoiler

To show our support for the selected charity, the Alteryx Community team took an afternoon to volunteer on site.

volunteering-broomfield.JPG

We look forward to seeing more solutions to Part 1 of  #SANTALYTICS 2018!  Keep 'em coming!

Leah Knowles
Manager, Global Community Engagement
Alteryx

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution, I was a bit annoyed with the join. see my workflow:

Spoiler
ch145_msicak.png
Asteroid

I put a lot of effort into dynamically parsing downloaded data, but the download took so long that in the end I just used the xls and text files.  I did create a batch macro to dynamically figure out how many delimited columns to parse, but I ended up not using it in my final solution. Learned a lot doing that though!

145_terry10_dynamic.JPG

Hi all,

Please see my solution below:

Capture.PNG
Meteor

The fundraising efficiency formula (Average Fundraising Expenses ÷ Average Total Contributions) makes it so a lower "efficiency" score is actually better, so I got A Precious Child Inc.