Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

wjohndenham
7 - Meteor

I would pick the second non profit (Denver Scholarship Foundation) since they have a longer history. I pulled three years worth of data (per the Efficiency calculation). 

Spoiler
Santa Part 1.JPG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm glad I challenged myself to do this with only the URLs provided as the input and not download any files.

Spoiler
The Excel file was the only tricky part. I used the Download tool to write the file as a temporary file and changed the file name back to the '17eofinextractdoc.xls' provided by the URL so the Dynamic Input would be happy with the file extension. I didn't think of a way to handle for the '990' sheet name easily, so that was just hard coded
AGoyal
8 - Asteroid

Solved. However, I am getting different results (on the sorted output) that what others did - not sure why. 

Also, added my state to the mix.

Spoiler
alteryx-c145.PNG
CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid

Took me a few hours to figure out the excel sheet issue! I definitely used the help of some more experienced alateryx'rs. This one took me for a loop! 

By seeing another alteryx user use the dynamic rename tool, I took it on. it was fun to see that in action!

Also, I don't have the greatest computer in the world, but, I now understand why making your workflow efficient is important..... by the end it was taking me 12-16 seconds to run this puppy! I believe mainly because of the downloading aspect, I will be practicing downloading the file loacally, it would have helped!

Spoiler
capture8.PNG
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AGoyal I think yours sorts differently because you created your AFE column as a string instead of a number.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Spoiler
2018-12-10_23-47-03.png
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My solve.... Revamped for downloading data directly from the websites. Thanks to @CharlieS for figuring out how to do all of that.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My Solution:

Spoiler

A Precious Child Inc.

Capture.PNG

And extra credit...

Spoiler
... still having fun with this data and working on it!

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Love Santalytics every year!  I looked up Ohio to see what ranked tops there as well.

The website wouldn't accept the yxzp for exceeding the maximum size.  Here's my workflow.

sprodger
8 - Asteroid

my solution: 

Spoiler
Spolirer_145_SP.PNG