community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

Asteroid
Spoiler
2019-08-17 22_29_48-Greenshot.pngGod bless you Dynamic Rename

Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_145_shvive.png

Ho! Ho! Hope for a better future for everyone! 

Alteryx Partner

First big dataset I've worked with.  Very cool - and soooo much easier than in Excel

Spoiler
Perhaps should have linked the data to the field names in Excel, but I sidestepped by searching for and renaming the relevant fields by hand.

Process:
- Filtered charity names for State (Field 4) = CO
- Filtered 990 data with flag from formula tool (combining criteria with ANDs to set prospect flag
- Joined data to names/addreses
- Calculated fundraising efficiency ratio and sorted the 3 final prospects

Yielding "A Precious Child Inc." as the winner.

MySolution.PNG
Alteryx Partner

I chose:

Spoiler
A Precious Child Inc.
challenge 145.png

n.b. the yxzp was too large to post, so I've gone for the workflow without files
Alteryx Certified Partner

Nice one!

Spoiler
Challenge 145.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

I narrowed it down to three candidates of which I manually selected one that I am most epathetic with:

Spoiler
145.pngHealthcare is my go to charity here :)
Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 145.JPG