Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Sharing my solution. I have downloaded the data and made some changes in the separate workflow. Thanks to that I could limit number of the rows and speed up the building process.

Spoiler
Challenge_145_Emil_Kos.PNG
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I've been practicing prescriptive tools recently and thought i'd have a go at solving the question using the optimization tool! (yes i know i've over complicated it - but why not sometimes!)

Workflow:

Spoiler
challenge 145 JMS solution.PNG

Charity Chosen:

Spoiler
challenge 145 JMS solution charity.PNG
ehughes
9 - Comet

My solution 

Spoiler
Img 145.PNG

bmcclelland46
10 - Fireball

For whatever reason the text file took forever to blend so I bit the bullet and did a nasty crosstab that took 7 minutes then just saved as an alteryx dbase. No run took more than 7 seconds after that. Container has the data processing and the bottom bit actually solved the question. Fun data crunching.

Spoiler

bmcclelland46_0-1597198123426.png

JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC145.PNG

Fun challenge!

johnemery
11 - Bolide

My answer is different than many others. Doing some digging, it seems that my list of charities doesn't include what many of the first posters answered with. I guess it changed.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_145_jc.PNG
WernerE
8 - Asteroid

Thanks

WernerE_0-1601378971260.png

AryCardoso
8 - Asteroid