Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Only difficulty for me was to read the files, but nice challenge!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
I've gone with "The Denver Health and Hospitals Foundation", like others there seems to be a bit of confusion over the fundraising efficiency calculation. In the documentation it states it is calculated as 

(When Calculating Using Form 990) = Average of Part IX line 25D ÷ Average of Part VIII line 1h

I couldn't find a line 25D in the data, so took what I considered the closest one which is "Total functional expenses" which appears in Part IX line 25(A)

Santa1.JPG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
kaosrules88
7 - Meteor

My Solution for Part 1

Spoiler
Solution.png
simonpain
5 - Atom

I got fed up with the ridiculous column names so I put a dynamic rename in :)

Spoiler
Result.png

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I opted for the "Why use less tools, when you can use more?" route!

Also found that "A Precious Child" is the way to go and in Arizona, it's the Yuma Community Food Bank!

Spoiler
moreisbetter.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

that was fun...now to attempt part 2!

Spoiler
image.png

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Had to work on live workflows, so just was able to work on this.  Extra credit included, so this is really designed as an app that allows for selection of state.

catherineduffy
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

challenge_145_catherineduffy.PNG

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

CapriceW
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Step 1: read and parse all files (17eofinextract990 and pub78), save to .yxdb for faster access.
Step 2: determine agencies that fit criteria specified.
Step 3: read and parse 2 previous year files (16eofinextract990 and 15eofinextract990), save to yxdb for faster access.
Step 4: determine averages of lessdirfndrang and totcntrbgfts for all agencies in step 2 over last 3 years ('15, '16, '17).
Step 5: calculate efficiencies for all agencies: avg_lessdirfndrang/avg_totcntrbgfts.
Step 6: sort efficiencies in ascending order for top agency.  

Enjoy!