Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Part 1 completed. Looking forward to next week.

Spoiler
Part 1 Workflow.png
Part 1 Results.png
Verakso
11 - Bolide

Here is my findings, it was fun to apply some of that knowledge I have gained over the year, so here is my shot at it

Spoiler
Santalytics workflow and findingsSantalytics workflow and findingsWhen I read the documentation on the calculation of the Fundraising Efficiency, then is is described as the "charity's fundraising efficiency by determining how much it spends to generate $1 in charitable contributions" which in my mind means that the lower that number is, the better, and that's why I have listed the three charities this way

Since we where suggested to come up with our own ranking criteria, then I also took a look at travel, which I believe is travel cost,

If we look at advertising, the I think it also would make sense to look at travel (cost), and choose a charity, that spend less on this,

I am just saying, it we took travel into the list of criteria, then the above list would change.

Happy Holidays

/Thomas.

calampert
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution: 

Inactive User
Not applicable

My Solution

PeterP
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Here's my solution with a festive theme. :)

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is our solution from the Rochester, NY User Group!

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

My results are similar to most of the others:

Spoiler
challenge_145_output.PNG

When looking at my own state (Georgia), I was surprised that three of the four organizations meeting the criteria had $0 in advertising and promotion expenses.

challenge_145_output_ga.PNG  

My solution workflow:

Spoiler
Since some organizations had more than one 990 filed in 2017, I used the most recent tax period for each EIN. This did not affect the results for Colorado.

challenge_145_workflow.PNG
ultrarunner
8 - Asteroid

I didn't know Dynamic Rename could do so much until I checked the spoilers. I revised my original workflow to adopt Dynamic Rename. It is not 100% mine, but it is a good learning experience. I can't wait for the next challenge!

AJauniskis
8 - Asteroid

Part 1 done. Looking forward to the next one.

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge!  I decided to make an analytic app that allows a user to select the State they would like to see charitable organizations for that meet the criteria listed in the challenge.

Spoiler
Challenge 145 JWL.JPG